Chippison has recieved a pestigious five star rating as part of the new H.S.I star rating system.*****
*H.S.I has established a new Star Rating system for stallions which has been approved within the Horse Sport Ireland studbook.*
Chippison is one of the few Traditional Irish Sport Horses standing today that has competed at International Level. With all the foreign imports being introduced for breeding in Ireland today it is hard for breeders, buyers and riders alike to find a top performance Irish stallion to breed from.
Chippison is currently available for stud. Chippison is available though AI, Fresh or Frozen.
Chippison has performed at the very top level in the world by competing at the World Equestrian Games in Aachen in 2006, jumping clear to help the Irish team to 6th place at the games and finishing as the leading Irish combination. He has mainly been campaigned abroad and has been a member of the Irish team since 2002, having won numerous prizes at top international shows in Europe and in Canada.
Chippison – Performances.
European Championships 2007 – 2nd in the John Deer Sponsored opening class of the tournament. 3rd in the individual class on the Friday of the European Championships.
- Nations Cup Lisbon 2007 – Member of the 2nd placed Irish Team
- Hickstead 5*2007 – Winner Longines Classic 0/0 , 5th Queens Cup, 7th IHB International Chase 0/0
- World Equestrian Games in Aachen, Germany – Leading Irish Rider finishing 24th in the world. Irish Team finished in 6th place.
- Samsung Super League, Barcelona – Member of the 5th Placed Irish Team
- Dublin Horse Show 120,000 Euro Longines Grand Prix – 3rd Place – finishing her two rounds with only a single time fault.
- Nations Cup Lumen, Belgium in June – Member of the winning Irish team.
- Nations Cup Lisbon, Portugal – Member of the Irish team that came second
- 1.60M Audi Grand Prix in Lisbon, Portugal – 2nd Place
- Grand Prix in Madrid, Spain – 3rd Place – Chippison was also crowned the leading horse at the Spanish tournament
- Placed 2nd in the €120,000 Invitational Grand Prix on the Spanish Sunshine Tour.
- A clear in the Nations cup in Copenhagen and Helsinki.
- Drammen CSIO4 – One of 3 double clear in the Nations Cup.
- Falsterbo CSIO5 – Member of the Irish Team that placed 2nd in the Nations Cup (no Double clears in competition).
- Hickstead CSIO5 Placed 5th in Longines Grand Prix, Jumped 0/0
- Dublin CSIO5 – Placed 2nd in Sports Council Classic, jumped 0/0, Placed 4th in Dublin Stakes, jumped 0/0
- Arezzo CSI4- Placed 3rd in Arezzo riders Tour Grand Prix. Placed 5th Grand Prix Qualifier.
- Placed 1st in International Grand Prix In Cavan.
Chippison’s progeny are available from Clare Equestrian Centre, Doora, Co. Clare.
In the past years Chippison has produced progeny of an incredibly high standard, all of whom seem to echo his own good temperament and outstanding ability in the arena.
Due to both his own success and performance along with that of his progeny Chippison has recieved the exclusive five star rating from Horse Sport Ireland. Like his father the great “Cavalier Royale” he is producing big scoopy types with good movement suitable for the showjumping and eventing markets. He is also passing on his great Irish temperament and his youngsters seem to be brave and easy to work with.
Hopefully combining all these good qualities with the right mare there will be a new Irish star in the making to follow in their fathers footsteps! There are a number of Chippison’s progeny currently competing at present all of whom are exceptional horses.